NSW Regional Health Partners is guided by excellent leadership, an inclusive culture and a strong commitment to collaboration across partner organisations. Our governance structure (as shown above) includes:
- A Governing Board comprised of the Chief Executives and Vice Chancellors of partner organisation. The Governing Board sets local priorities and approves involvement in state and national initiatives .
- The Governing Board is supported by an advisory Translation Committee, chaired by the Director, comprised of senior research and clinical executives for each partner.
- The Translation Committee oversees Translation Working Groups to implement translational initiatives endorsed by the Governing Board at national, state and local levels.
- The Governing Board will set, in conjunction with the new Director, a Strategic Plan for 3 and 5-year performance goals to improve health care activities, implement preventative health strategies, translational research impact performance, innovations in health professional education programs and engagement between partners, communities and other AHRA centres.
- A Foundation Plan has been endorsed by the Governing Board for implantation by the foundation Interim Director and sets the priorities for the foundation year.
- The Director is the principal accountable executive officer of the CIRH and will support the Chair, the Governing Board and the Executive groups to achieve its objectives, financial sustainability, reputation and influence of the partnership.
- The Director represents the CIRH on the Australian Health Research Alliance.
- The Director is supported by a Chief Operations Officer and is provided with support services for this role from within HNEHLHD.
The NHMRC CIRH governance structure provides –
- Continuation in the growth of cross-institutional, cross-Centre, strategic priority-driven research addressing the major health challenges in regional Australia.
- Further development and scale-up of a sustainable model to maximise collaboration, bringing together healthcare providers, health managers, pre-clinical and clinical researchers, and a wide group of Translation Partners around strategic and large-scale cross-Centre projects underpinned by the established infrastructure and support platforms.
- Education and training programs to facilitate staff training in research and evidence based care across the continuum, from the undergraduate to the senior clinical staff member. Possibly unique to our region, the education and training programs are purpose-designed to build and maintain a regional health workforce.
- Via our Clinician Initiated Priority Research Program, the “embedding” of research and clinical quality activities in all clinical units across the CIRH.
The Centre has established a group of affiliated “translation partners” who work with Centre to broaden the potential impact in research translation. The affiliated translation partners include:
- Apollo Medical Imaging
- Australian Rural Health Research Collaboration (ARHRC)
- CSIRO, which has three centres in our region (Newcastle, Narrabri, Armidale)
- GP Synergy
- Hunter Post Graduate Medical Institute
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Medfield Sweden
- North West Primary Health Network
- NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
- University of Wollongong
To find out more about our working parties and their members visit our Programs and Platforms page.